Wednesday 14 July 2010

Day Two - Tuesday 13th

As I hoped yesterday, I did arrive earlier. A bit too early in fact and so, as I didn't want to be he first one in, I took a little saunter around the block, and didn't get lost this time, which was a nice change.

I caught up with Bethan on the way, and we both entered the gallery to begin our second day.


It started fairly quietly, just doing blogs and computery things, (and at last the macs seem to be working with me!). Then, after a while, we all headed downstairs to view the current exhibition by Haris Epaminonda, which was a series of films all playing at different times and for different lengths. It wasn't something I would usually go and see, and although it wasn't really my kind of thing, I thought the idea behind it all was quite interesting. I suppose I wouldn't have really got it if it wasn't for the fact that the curator, Jeanine, came and told us all about it. Basically, the films were all playing at different times and lengths because then the viewers can see the exhibition as a whole thing and not just as individual pieces, and I think it made it have a nice feel to the whole thing this way. 


Also, Richard Bolam came and showed some films of his. Like the exhibition we had seen before, they were time lapse fims, but this time based in Sheffield. One of them he is hoping to use to back Sheffield in the bid for the 2013 city if culture. Also Rob Speranza, a producer from South Yorkshire Film Network came and talked to us for a while about filming and that kind of career, and like Richard Bolam, he showed us a short film he had recently worked on. Well...how to put it? I think I will not sleep again. Ever. It was well made and certainly thrilling for a thriller, but seriously, it spooked me. 

And then we did some filming ourselves, which was fun. Bethan and I went around the station hoping to catch her boyfriend Tom on camera in suit. Sadly we did not find him, but something that did make us smile was when a little boy, wandering around the fountains suddenly declared that the water came from nowhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment