Tuesday 27 July 2010

Day Ten - Friday 23rd - Last Day:(

Today started as any of the other days did, with opening up the macs, hearing the little sound it makes when it turns on, and getting on with blogs, finishing projects etc. The only difference I felt was that there was a certain rushed finality hanging over it all, like the day itself knew it would be the last one I would spend on work experience there, in the company of people I may never see again, and on a mac that the ones at school could never compete with, starting-up-wise. I had really grown to love that little wake up sound the macs made. Yes, the macs which I once feared and fretted over were going to be missed. And they weren't the only thing. I had really gotten used to coming in everyday, seeing the same people and although most days were different, doing the same line of work, day in, day out. It would be weird leaving it all and at the end of the summer, going back to school.

Later on, I had a review with Vicky, who I found out had written a really lovely reference for me, which I was really chuffed about. She also videoed asking me some questions about the placement, like Was anything I had done or learnt useful , What advice would I give someone else doing it, and so on.

In the last part of the day, we all watched youtube clips and generally relaxed and had food like strawberry laces and things, which was nice.

At first I was really nervous and scared about this placement, but after the time I've spent here, I think that was probably a stupid thing to do, because I have actually really enjoyed these two weeks and will really miss it, especially when I get back to school and have to do Physics and RE instead. All in all, I had a great time and have learnt so much from coming here.

No comments:

Post a Comment